Burgundy Beef Stroganoff
Paul Vandervort, Il Forno Baked Goods & Catering
2 tbsp butter
2 lbs beef steak, cut into small strips
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 sweet onion, sliced
3 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon
1 cup beef broth
1/2 tsp thyme, dry
3/4 cup sour cream
1 package egg noodles, cooked & buttered
chopped green onions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add beef strips and fry until browned.
- Stir in thyme and tomato paste for about 30 seconds then add the wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until alcohol has dissipated.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat mixture, stirring until a paste is achieved.
- Gradually add the beef broth to the pan, stirring until the broth is well incorporated with the paste and begins to slightly thicken.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and serve over buttered egg noodles. Garnish with green onions & sour cream dollop.
Pairs with our Cabernet & "Casserole" 3-Pack
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon XXII