DUNHAM CELLARS WINE CLUB - February 2014
CHICKEN PESTO PEA SALAD
-Jennifer Kontos, Joanne Dunham's niece
• 1/2 lb. baby spinach leaves
• 1 10 oz. package frozen peas, defrosted
• 1/2 cup prepared pesto
• 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced
• 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2011 Mervielleux Syrah
Wash spinach leaves and dry completely. To assemble, place the spinach in a large bowl. Sprinkle the peas and tomatoes over the spinach. Add the pesto and parmesan, then sprinkle with salt. Mix thoroughly. Place sliced chicken breast on top of salad then sprinkle with pine nuts and serve!
Note: To toast pine nuts, place them in a dry sauté pan and cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until evenly browned. Toss frequently.