DUNHAM CELLARS WINE CLUB - JUNE 2014
PEACH SALAD WITH TOMATOES, FETA AND BASIL VINAIGRETTE
-Susan Zehnder, Friend of the Winery
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup white balsamic pear infused vinegar (or half balsamic & half red wine vinegar)
• 1 Tablespoon honey
• 3 green onions (green part only), finely chopped
• Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
• 1 ½ lbs. heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped (or plum tomatoes)
• 3-4 ripe peaches, sliced in wedges for bite sized pieces
• ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
2010 Lewis Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
For the dressing, combine all ingredients until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine the tomatoes and peaches in a bowl. Toss to coat with the dressing. Top with feta cheese. Serve at room temperature.