DUNHAM CELLARS WINE CLUB - JUNE 2012
JICAMA ORANGE SALAD
~Food Network Magazine
• 4 oranges
• 1/4 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 medium jicama, peeled and diced
• 3 scallions, chopped
• 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chopped
• Seeds of 1/2 Pomegranate
2011 Shirley Mays Chardonnay
C O O K I N G I N S T R U C T I O N S :
Peel and segment the oranges with a paring knife. Squeeze the empty membranes over a large bowl to release the juices.
Whisk the chili powder, salt and pepper to taste, olive oil and lime juice into the orange juice. Toss in the orange segments and jicama. Before serving, add the scallions, cilantro and pomegranate seeds.